"Negotiating Little Red Riding Hood: Creating a modern edition of the classic fairy tale." Write4Children IV, Diversity, Inclusion and Equality Special Edition, no. 2 (June 2013).
"lundi gras." Zone 3 (Spring/Summer 2007)
Kate around the internet
- Chapter 16 "All Corners of the World"
- Bicultural Mama "Why Editors Published The Barefoot Book of Children to Celebrate Diversity"
Barefoot Books Blog
- Making Diverse Picture Books: An Inside Look from The Barefoot Book of Children Co-Author Kate DePalma
- How do you make a book for all children? Co-Author Kate DePalma on The Barefoot Book of Children
- Barefoot Books Employee Spotlight: Kate DePalma
- Behind the Scenes: Making Our Greek Myths Series
- Getting Adventurous with Achilles
- It's all in the details...
My inactive Instagram project, Emojese — an experiment in communicating exclusively through emoji
The Offbeat Bride profile of my wedding: Katie & Nick's sexy, Southern-fried, black-tie hootenanny
- Community Heroes Family Reading Night, Grassland Elementary School (Franklin, TN, 2016)
- Nashville Public Library, Bellevue Branch (Nashville, TN, 2016)
“Making a Storybook: How Modern Editors Select and Create Fairy Tale Picture Books”
- Harvard University, Gender and Retold Fairy Tales class (Cambridge, MA, 2012 and 2014)
"Inspiration to creation: crafting books to reach young readers"
- Southern Festival of Books, panel with Jessica Young and Mary Uhles (Nashville, TN, 2016)
“Behind the Books: writing, editing, publishing, and selling children's books”
- Scales Elementary School (Brentwood, TN, 2017)
- Grassland Middle School (Nashville TN, 2016)
- Concord Festival of Authors (Concord, MA, 2013 and 2014)
- Jambalaya Writers’ Conference (Houma, Louisiana, 2013)
- Emerson College, Book Publishing Overview graduate seminar (Boston, MA, 2011, 2012 and 2013; five appearances total)
- Emerson College, Electronic Publishing class (Boston, MA, 2013)
- Chenery Middle School (Belmont, MA, 2012)
- Barefoot Books US Ambassador Conference (Concord, MA, 2012)
- Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators Concord Critique Group (Concord, MA, 2012)
- King Open School (Cambridge, MA 2011)
- Wellington Elementary School (Belmont, MA, 2010)
- Conley Hills Elementary School (East Point, GA, 2009 and 2010)
“Picture Book Dos and Don’ts”
- Jambalaya Writers’ Conference (Houma, LA, 2012)
"'That's the mentality here; that's the reality here': Eminem and Juvenal rap Detroit and Rome"
- University of Texas Classics Department First Friday gathering, 2005
- Loyola University New Orleans Board of Trustees meeting, 2005
- Classical Association of the Middle West and South (CAMWS) annual meeting, 2004
"ΛΥΩ and ΟΛΛΥΜΙ in Euripides' Hippolytus"
- Classical Association of the Middle West and South (CAMWS) annual meeting, 2005
- CAMWS Southern Section annual meeting, 2004
"Eastern Decadence, Domestic Hegemony and the Disobedience of Women: Suppression of the Bacchants"
- Ancient Religious Associations in Context conference (University of Pennsylvania), 2003
- Eta Sigma Phi annual national meeting, 2003